As motivation, first about the benefits of your yoga!
- You gain flexibility and mobility throughout the entire body.
- Plus strength and tone in your muscles.
- Learn to breathe deeply (we rarely practise this day-to-day).
- Help manage your stress levels.
- Release tension – physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual.
- Let go of the old and welcome in the new for 2018.
Try to aim for short regular sessions on as many days as you can (15-20 mins say)
Pick a time (before breakfast, or as soon as you come in after work) and keep to it
Leave your mat in a quiet place where you can practise undisturbed
Use music if you like, or light a candle.
What to do:
I suggest starting with the standing warm ups in this colder weather we’ve been doing in class in recent weeks.
- The four part activation: twists/forward and backward steps with arm raises/squats/ side to side warrior 1
- The four part leg raises: inhale knee and arms up/exhale knee out arms down/raise arms up/ exhale both down
- Child/cat/dog moves on your mat
- Some work for the core/abdominals (eg leg raises)
- Backbends on your tummy
- Rest in child - then a few minutes to relax, or add in some seated stretches, twists and bridge
The wall can be used too, see the sketches below to remind you of this week’s class.
Subscribe via RSS